Thursday, September 10, 2009

Coffee Break

Seaworld and matte brown win again!
I am actually having coffee in one of these as we speak. I think the new ritual is to try them out before giving them away to get the entire experience. They begin as 1 1/2 pound mounds of clay and slowly become a finished functional piece of art. I'm proud of these because sets are difficult to create. They're all slightly different but I think that just helps emphasize the hand made-ness of them. And the way things have been going lately, you never can tell how the glaze will turn out and if it will drip or crack.
I am definitely inspired to create more sets and give them as gifts for the holidays. But I better get going because the holidays are quickly approaching and the firings are moving at the same glacial rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment